- Good wine and great tramping - just a couple of reasons to visit Nelson. Nelson is known as the sun capital of New Zealand because it receives so many hours of sun every year.
- Many of the local vineyards offer tastings and cellar doors – make sure you pick up a bottle of Nelson’s famous Chardonnays or Pinot Noirs.
- Nelson is a great place to stay before or after the Abel Tasman Track – it’s only 70km away.
- The Suter Art Gallery - Te Aratoi o Whakatu - is the public art gallery for the Nelson region and is the third oldest art gallery in New Zealand. It has a
wonderful permanent collection with topical traveling exhibitions too.
- There is a theatre and a cafe on site with the cafe famous for it's gluten and dairy free fare as well as vegetarian and more traditional food.
Nelson has range of hotel accommodation ranging from luxury five stars hotels for corporate or business travellers, to smaller boutique hotels. All are handily located with some near the airport and the rest around the city centre.