The warning bells went off the moment I walked into reception and noticed the general lack of order and cleanlyness. Things only got worse from there.
The stair access to our second floor room, had seen better days, the wooden slats were literally bowing and feeling like they were going to give way (and I'm not a heavy person).
Upon entering the room we were met with an overpowering smell of disenfectant, which we later discovered was probably used to cover up the smell of sewage coming up through the drains.
With such an overwelming disenfectant smell, you would at least expect to find the rooms were very clean... to the contrary.
The carpet was filthy, yes vacuumed, but filthy with heavy staining.
There was mould all over the curtains, there was mould in the showers, along the skirting boards, you could see in every corner where they hadn't bothered to clean right into the corners.
The walls were covered in scuff marks, scratches and food. The whole place could have done with a scrub down and a coat of paint.
Quite frankly the room was disgusting.
The only reason we didnt find somewhere else was because we had prepaid online, and we were a group of 5, and I had already exhausted all alternatives for a family room.
The only upside is the bedding appeared to be clean.
Would you recommend to a friend? No