- The Whanganui River is the longest navigable river in New Zealand.
- Take a kayak, a canoe or a jet boat and see for yourself the stunning scenery as you wind your way through the Whanganui National Park, a place of deep spiritual significance to Maori.
- Over 70 educational and research institutions call Palmerston North home. They cover diverse research such as bio-industry, defence, agriculture, sports and smart business
- Taihape is known as the Gumboot Throwing Capital of New Zealand and hosts it's annual competition on the first Tuesday after Easter.
- Just 16 km from The Square is The Herb Farm and Café, in picturesque Manawatu farmland. Not only can you have a delicious meal from their menu
of local, free range and organic produce with fresh herbs from their gardens; you can check out their natural skincare products.
Visit Jasons for a range of Manawatu Whanganui bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation. Choose from Manawatu Whanganui B & B lodges and retreats, B & B breakfast studios and apartments; country and historic homes, villas and cottage bed and breakfasts. Manawatu Whanganui accommodation has never been easier to find and book than right here on Jasons.