- Hugging the sea to one side and the Raukumara Ranges to the other, Eastland is a region of genuine experiences that link people and the land.
- The Gisborne area is famous for it's wine,in particular Chardonnay,Gewurztraminer, Viognier, Pinot Gris, Merlot and Malbec.
- Make sure you visit some of the local vinyards and see for yourself why the region's name in Maori 'Tairawhiti' means the coast upon
which the sun shines across the water.
- Keen for a surf? Catch some waves at one of Gisborne's popular surf beaches along the east cape of Opotiki to Gisborne town and on to Mahia and Wairoa.
- Eastland was the site of a lot of significant historic events. Captain Cook officially discovered New Zealand in 1769 when he landed at Poverty Bay,
on which Gisborne sits. (Abel Tasman had sighted NZ over a 100 years earlier but after a skirmish with Maori, did not goashore.)
Visit Jasons for motels, motor lodge and motor inn accommodation in the Eastland area. Options include serviced self-contained units with phone, TV, internet, air conditioning, kitchen, bathroom and laundry services. Covering the entire region, Jasons has the right Eastland accommodation option for you, plus you can check availability and book it right here on this site!