- Eastland combines surf, Maori & wine culture in a way that makes it one of the most welcoming regions in New Zealand.
- The Gisborne area is famous for it's wine, in particular Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Viognier, Pinot Gris, Merlot and Malbec.
- Make sure you visit some of the local vinyards and see for yourself why the region's name in Maori 'Tairawhiti' means the coast upon which the sun
shines across the water.
- Eastland was the site of a lot of significant historic events. Captain Cook officially discovered New Zealand in 1769 when he landed
at Poverty Bay,on which Gisborne sits. (Abel Tasmanhad sighted NZ over a 100 years earlier but after a skirmish with Maori, did not go
- Keen for a surf? Catch some waves at one of Gisborne's popular surf beaches along the east cape of Opotiki to Gisborne town and on to Mahia and Wairoa.
Finding Eastland accommodation is a breeze with jasons.co.nz. With a great range of options available throughout the region, you can take your pick of the best hotels, motels, serviced apartments, lodges, resorts and business accommodation with conference facilities. You will also find camping & holiday parks, bed and breakfasts, and backpackers plus a selection of accommodation close to Gisborne airport if it's a fleeting visit. Eastland accommodation has never been easier to find, check availability and book than right here on Jasons.