- The Coromandel Township is famous for being a vibrant, creative community proud of it's goldmining heritage and beautiful surrounds. It also has New Zealand's only narrow gauge railway that travels through regenerating kauri forest.
- Thames is the region's largest town. Steeped in history, it's a former goldrush centre with many historic buildings, museums and guided tours on offer.
- Visit the gold stamper battery and see how they used to crush the quartz to get the gold out. The Thames School of Mines and Museum features goldmining artefacts and a mineralogical museum.
- You must make a trip to Hot Water Beach where, as the name suggests, hot springs bubbles up through the sand two hours on either side of low tide. You can dig your own personal spa pool!
- At Hahei on the East Coast you can surfcast, swim or go boating within the Hahei Marine Reserve. You'll find islands, reefs and sea caves to explore as well as beautiful Cathedral Cove with its famous rock arch.
Jasons has a variety of Coromandel hotels available across the region, ranging from luxury five star accommodations for corporate and business travellers to smaller boutique Coromandel accommodation providers. Plus you can check availability and book it right here on this site!