- Thames is the region's largest town. Steeped in history, it's a former goldrush centre with many historic buildings, museums and guided tours on offer.
- Visit the gold stamper battery and see how they used to crush the quartz to get the gold out. The Thames School of Mines and Museum features goldmining artefacts and a mineralogical museum.
- Fancy a bush walk? Kauaeranga Valley near Thames has hiking tracks, historic kauri dams and the most beautiful scenery. There is a three-hour walk to the 80-bed Pinnacles Hut and the restored Dancing Camp Dam.
- At Hahei on the East Coast you can surfcast, swim or go boating within the Hahei Marine Reserve. You'll find islands, reefs and sea caves to explore as well as beautiful Cathedral Cove with its famous rock arch.
- You must make a trip to Hot Water Beach where, as the name suggests, hot springs bubbles up through the sand two hours on either side of low tide. You can dig your own personal spa pool!
Visit Jasons for a range of Coromandel bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation. Choose from Coromandel B & B lodges and retreats, B & B breakfast studios and apartments; country and historic homes, villas and cottage bed and breakfasts. Coromandel accommodation has never been easier to find and book than right here on Jasons.