- Thames is the region's largest town. Steeped in history, it's a former goldrush centre with many historic buildings, museums and guided tours on offer.
- Visit the gold stamper battery and see how they used to crush the quartz to get the gold out. The Thames School of Mines and Museum features goldmining artefacts and a mineralogical museum.
- The Coromandel Township is famous for being a vibrant, creative community proud of it's goldmining heritage and beautiful surrounds. It also has New Zealand's only narrow gauge railway that travels through regenerating kauri forest.
- You must make a trip to Hot Water Beach where, as the name suggests, hot springs bubbles up through the sand two hours on either side of low tide. You can dig your own personal spa pool!
- At Hahei on the East Coast you can surfcast, swim or go boating within the Hahei Marine Reserve. You'll find islands, reefs and sea caves to
explore as well as beautiful Cathedral Cove with its famous rock arch.
Finding Coromandel accommodation is a breeze with jasons.co.nz. With a great range of options available throughout the region, you can take your pick of the best hotels, motels, serviced apartments, lodges, resorts and business accommodation with conference facilities. You will also find camping & holiday parks, bed and breakfasts, and backpackers. Coromandel accommodation has never been easier to find and book than right here on Jasons.