- Christchurch is OPEN with new cafes, restaurants, shops, accommodation and galleries popping up all over the place; rebuilt reenergised and with a closer knit community spirit, this city rocks both figuratively AND literally!!
- Hanmer Springs should definitely be on your itinerary for Canterbury!
- Choose from the famous natural hot pools, forest walks, mountain bike tracks, horse riding, quad biking, jetboating or just relaxing in the spa. Make sure you allow at least two days there.
- Geraldine is a colourful village not far from Timaru in South Canterbury. Known as the home of Barkers - a kiwi institution when it comes to delicious jams and preserves, it's also nestled close to the Alps meaning you can tramp or horse ride through Peel Forest; try a hand at rafting the Rangitata River or even go mainland boar hunting. It's a lovely little place to visit.
- Akaroa offers a wide variety of dining styles - from the traditional fish n chips on the pier to superb fine dining and everything in between. Restaurants, cafes, bistros, a bakery, a butcher a chorizo maker - there is no shortage of delicious food in Akaroa. Make sure you tip your hat to the towns origins and try something French at least once!
Canterbury has range of hotel accommodation ranging from Luxury Five Star hotels for corporate or business travellers, to smaller boutique hotels. Handily located near the airport as well as in the city and town centres, you are sure to find just what you’re looking for.