- Stretching from the coastal communities of Whakatane, Ohope and Opotiki, the Eastern Bay of Plenty is home to a stunning stretch of coastline.
- In the Western Bay of Plenty you'll find ivory sand beaches and the rugged greenery of the Kaimai Ranges.
- The Bay of Plenty is famous for it's kiwifruit, avocadoes, citrus fruit and other subtropicals. A lot are exported via the Port of Waikato - the largest export port in New Zealand.
- White Island got it's name from Captain James Cook who said it was because it was always surrounded by white steam. The full Maori name for it is 'Te Puia o Whakaari' which means 'Dramatic Volcano'. These days Whakaari is the commonly used Maori name.
- In 2011 an oil spill off the coast of Tauranga caused problems, but now the water is clean and clear and everything is back to normal. Swim with the dolphins! Go boating! Surfing! Water Skiing! Diving! Fishing! Swimming. Get out there and enjoy it.
Finding Bay of Plenty accommodation is a breeze with jasons.co.nz. With a great range of options available throughout the region, you can take your pick of the best hotels, motels, serviced apartments, lodges, resorts and business accommodation with conference facilities. You will also find camping & holiday parks, bed and breakfasts, and backpackers. Bay of Plenty accommodation has never been easier to find and book than right here on Jasons